Thursday, September 07, 2017

Brookside : The Ida Red Shop offers surprising products

 By Laurine Chapuis

Freshly arrived in Tulsa, I travelled for the first time to Brookside. As an exchange student from France, I wanted to discover my new hometown for the semester. As I wandered with my friends on the streets of Tulsa, and after having visited several museums and shops,  I stopped for a while in this extraordinary and unique place : The Ida Red Shop.

Ida Red Shop waiters preparing milkshakes
I was greeted as soon as I walked through the door.  I could have stayed for hours looking at all those funny and original items they sold. The most surprising and eccentric thing I saw was the soap named « No Ragrets. Smells like a bad tattoo ».

After looking at all the amazing tee-shirts, cards, funny socks and candies, I moved forward into the store. I had discovered a bar,  in which the kind waiters would serve you a milkshake or a coffee. Be careful, they don’t have a lot of seats !  But don’t worry, you can also buy take-away drinks.

Located on South Peoria Avenue, The Ida Red Shop is the place to be if you’re looking for an original gift or hoping to just have a good time in Brookside !


Find the soap which describes you the most

No comments: