Monday, September 25, 2017

Humans of Tulsa : Layla

  By Laurine Chapuis


 Layla Janell Morthada is 18 years old, recently arrived in TU but not in Tulsa. Indeed, she was born there,  she loves her hometown and is proud of it. While the discussion goes by, she said kindly « I hope you like your experience in Tulsa ! ».  Sure I do.

   Layla has a job off-campus, she is working as a waitress in The Tavern, 201 N Main St, for 4 months now, she will welcome you and take your order. If you ever pass by there, don’t forget to stop !

  As she is drinking her hot chocolate milk , she tells me about her dream job : Becoming a diplomat and more precisely an ambassador . I asked her where would she likes to practice this job, but she doesn’t know yet. This is why she’s now majoring political sciences, with the goal of entering a prestigious Law school.

  Beside the ambition she showed, Layla is a sensitive person who likes doing photography. This is her passion. With her Nikon D3100, she sees where the wind takes her and most of the time takes shots outside.

« It helps me focus on the world around me » she said.

  The most important thing for Leila, is being a sister for his brother :  « He is 15 and the funniest person I know » she said.
Layla and her brother are very close and she feels overprotective towards him.

-->

 She said "He has always been the baby, and it is hard for me to let him grow up." 
Even if they’re 3 years appart, she is used to take care of him. Now he is trying to take care of her, and the hardest for her is to let her baby boy go.

No comments: