Friday, September 15, 2006


MY MORNING AT THE UTICA SQUARE STARBUCKS

Today, after my 8 a.m. class, I went to one of my favorite places in Tulsa. I went to Utica Square for my Starbuck experience. For this story, I wanted to go to Utica Square because I often have interesting encounters with appealing people.

The look of Utica Square is glamorous. The delicate, nurtured flowers, the artistic sculptures, and the gorgeous buildings add so much to the allure of this upscale shopping center, the oldest shopping center in Tulsa.

Starbucks seems to have its own style. I always feel that the people that work there let their personalities shine through their wardrobes and their attitudes. This is common in some people, but I feel and see it the most when I am at Starbucks in Utica Square.

This morning was a good example of an enjoyable encounter I had with a Starbucks employee. I specifically remember being vocal about how every one was in such a chipper mood.

The mood of Starbucks was set off by the attitudes of the employees and customers. Because it was so early (for me), the customers and employees were very positive.The mood is what I like most about Starbucks. It’s never the same when I go. For example, if I were to go during the evenings the atmosphere would be more laid back, the music would be different, and the employees would adjust their attitudes due to the customers.

The mood is unique at Starbucks—it can’t be compared to any other coffee shop that I have ever been to. I believe that every time I go to Starbucks I get the entire coffee shop experience. Maybe it’s just by watching the people that work there, or maybe it's watching the customers enjoy their time, or maybe it’s just the time I spend talking to the people that I with. No matter what the reason is, I always leave Starbucks satisfied and anticipating my next visit.

--Lindsey Naylor

Lindsey Naylor is a junior from Kansas City. She is majoring in communication, with a minor in marketing.

No comments: