Thursday, January 30, 2014

Tulsa Restaurant Owner Opens Food Truck on Historic Route 66


By Caitlin Pond

As I waited in the long line at the trailer trying to decide what to order, I heard the man in front of me in line commenting on the menu. “The Okie Tonic is the best thing.” Well, that was enough convincing for me. Lola’s serves gourmet food right out of a food truck.

At the window, I ordered from Lola Palazzo herself, owner of Lola’s Gypsy Caravan. Lola formerly owned a restaurant in the Brady District, but gave it all up and bought a silver AirStream trailer instead.

I ordered the Okie Tonic (a lemonade with ginger), and the Shiny Bullet (a burrito named after the trailer). I sat under an awning with an eclectic group of people, and ate my lunch in happiness, looking out on Route 66. The best part was definitely the Okie Tonic.

Lola’s Gypsy Caravan is right off 11th St. in Tulsa, right on the historic Route 66. 

Lola's AirStream Trailer off Route 66

No comments: