Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ali Baba is in town! A new family restaurant opens up near TU campus.

By Rejie Shetty


Who knew the circus was in town? Not only that it was in my mouth! Opened recently located at 11th St. between Delaware and Lewis,the restaurant is owned by a family whose head chef also happens to be the father of the household.

As I enter the warm smell and aroma of cooked rice and meat fill the air blending in with the chef's welcome. When I stepped up to the counter to order a jolly man with a goatee answers and gives me his advice on what i should order with some extra jokes and laughs on the side.


The front entrance of the restaurant.
I said, “So what do you recommend, the lamb ?”
Chef said, “For you no lamb,I give you the chicken,it’s good, please take seat.”


I noticed the cozy, warm atmosphere when suddenly the food arrives freshly made, unable to hold myself back any longer I dig in. As the chef parts I take my time finishing the meal. I was very satisfied that I hadn’t gotten the lamb and taken the chef’s advice. I ate until I the plate was shining as a mirror, "No more" I thought as I looked around, was I the only one? Every satisfied customer shared laughs and a bountiful meal, with the thoughts "I can’t wait to come back again", I head to the cashier. 
With my wallet around 10.50$ lighter I feel better and more satisfied, leaving to have a wonderful day.


No comments: