Thursday, January 30, 2014

Nutritiously Slaughtered


By Israel Avila

Harvard Meats is exactly what an old-fashioned butcher shop should be like. The shop’s doors are heavy. The automatic sliding doors that we have grown accustomed to are nowhere to be found.

As I pushed the creaky door open, my eyes were immediately captivated by the vibrant colors. The color of freshly slaughtered flesh illuminates the glass in the showcase.

Product line includes beef, pork, poultry, lamb, and bison.


With a warm smile, the butcher welcomed me in. To assure that their product is healthier and more nutritious, he explained that the livestock was vegetarian fed and free from animal byproduct, growth hormones and antibodies.

When I left, I realized that big box stores have fooled me! They have masked their meat’s lack of freshness and variety with their automatic doors and conveniently prepackaged meats.
Harvard Meats is locate on the corner of 15th and S. Harvard in Tulsa, Oklahoma. They are open 7 days a week.







No comments: