Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I AM Yoga Bring Community to The Pearl District


by Caitlin Pond


I AM Yoga is a studio located at 6th and Peoria, right in the middle of Tulsa’s historic and developing Pearl District, but unlike other Yoga Studios in Tulsa, I AM not only focuses on yoga, but also focuses on creating a community.

I AM Yoga is a studio and a community all at once, and even offers the I Am Yoga Festival once a year in Centennial Park, also located in the Pearl District.

I AM is owned by Instructors Melissa Cameron and Joe Pictorale. The owners are passionate about Yoga and bringing a yoga community to Tulsa. The two have studied yoga all over the United Stats, but see potential right here in Tulsa.

Yoga has been on the rise in Tulsa in the past few years, and many studios have emerged, but none have seemed as passionate as I AM Yoga with their sense of community and lively festivals. I AM Yoga offers classes in their renovated historic Tulsa building, located next to Tulsa’s up and coming restaurant, The Phoenix.
 
I AM Yoga also hosts the I AM Yoga Festival in Centennial Park. The festival includes lots of free Yoga classes, discussion groups of topics that range from God to time and space, and various special activities, like Glow Yoga.

I AM Yoga brings a great sense of community to the Pearl District, which is a great aspect for a developing and historic district in need of a community effort.


Learn about the I AM Yoga Festival here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sb5t_nWt2O8


No comments: