Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Humans of Tulsa: Ewardo, Working at The Home Depot

By Neima Seirafipour 

Born and raised in San Antonio, Edwardo moved to Tulsa 17 years ago to make a new beginning.

The 33-year-old has been working at The Home Depot for seven years. Three years ago they offered him a transfer to their Tulsa store.

Edwardo helping a customer buy carpet

I asked him how he feels about working at The Home Depot. He explained, “I love working here, they promote from within and actually care about their employees. It doesn’t feel like the large corporation it is, each store kind of feels small and like a family after you get to know everyone.”

When I asked him if he prefers living in Texas or Oklahoma, he said, “I love Texas, many of my family is there. But I just needed to get away. Tulsa is now home for me and my wife and kids.”

Edwardo loves his job, and thankfully, when I asked him for an action shot, he gave me one. 

No comments: