Friday, February 08, 2013

Good Food, Good Times in Brookside: Senor Tequila


 By Lauren Nehf
Walking up to Señor Tequila in Brookside, you can feel the vibe of an authentic Mexican restaurant. Entering through the front door, you smell the kitchen where a divine Mexican feast is being prepared. Smiling faces greet you at the host stand. The restaurant is flanked with paintings and decorations of Mexican culture, which complement the rustic brick coating of the walls.
As I was seated at my table, I noticed right away the respectful yet tentative nature of my server as he brought drinks, took our food orders, and promptly served our food. My cheese and chicken quesadilla was topped with fresh lettuce, guacamole, and salsa. I finished my meal with out a single complaint.
When I leaned back in the cozy booth I looked around and noticed the wide variety of activities. At a large table, a birthday party was taking place and behind them, a young couple seemed to be on their first date. To my right were two middle-aged couples on what appeared to be a double date.
Leaving the restaurant, full and happy, I was able to catch a snap shot of the neon sign out in front of the restaurant. I have never seen a Mexican restaurant with a neon sign but it sure does draw people in. Beyond the sign, Tulsans come for the delicious food, kind staff, and colorful environment.

No comments: